Interior Design Assistant Position Opening, Centered by Design, Chicago
Who We Are:
Centered by Design, founded by Claire Staszak, is a Chicago-based interior design firm known for its holistic design process, which combines Claire’s well-trained eye for interiors with her passion for wellness. Her work has been featured by The Chicago Tribune, Modern Luxury, HGTV, Domino, Architectural Digest online and more. In 2017, the company's namesake blog, was honored with an award for Best Design Writing by the Design Influencers Conference. She has studied interior design at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and holds a Certificate of Kitchen and Bath Design from Harper College. Claire is also a certified yoga instructor with more than 500 hours of training. In 2018, Modern Luxury Interiors, noted Claire as 'One to Watch' in the interior design industry.
The Interior Design Assistant will be a crucial member of the design team and will assist in all phases of the design and install process. Your primary responsibilities would include:
• Manage design library: source new products; keep supplies and materials organized and refreshed monthly; Manage and schedule vendor meetings & accounts monthly
• Assist with all assigned design projects from conception to completion, including but not limited to: site visits, client meetings, creating design boards, drawings, presentations, sourcing, creating client proposals, purchasing, project installation, etc.
• Manage client’s project binders & bins
• Run errands for projects as necessary
• Represent the company in a polished and professional manor, assist in business development
What We Hope You’ll Bring:
• 1-2 years Interior Design experience
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe (Photoshop, InDesign)- required/ preferred; Sketchup and/or Revit, IVY or Quickbooks (A plus!)
• Familiarity with trade resources and showrooms
• Ability to travel locally (Driver’s License & Own Vehicle (preferred))
• Work Authorization US (required)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on Experience
Paid Time Off
Professional Development Assistance & Support (very important to us!)
Stipend towards Health Insurance
Interior Design: 2 years (Preferred)
Additional Compensation & Benefits:
As the firm grows, we hope to introduce more benefits!
This Job Is Perfect for Someone Who Is:
• Passionate & Team-Oriented
• Can take direction well
• Eager to learn & participate in firms collaborative dynamic
• Detailed & Systematic
• Creative & not afraid to speak their mind
• Self-Motivated & Positive
• Ready to start/ continue their Career in a Small, Hard-Working Team!
Monday to Friday (Flexible schedule)
Please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio to email@example.com